The Ultimate Guide to Choosing and Using the Best Whole Bean Coffee Maker
Are you tired of settling for mediocre coffee in the morning? If you're on a quest for the perfect cup of joe, then look no further. We've got the ultimate guide to help you uncover the best whole bean coffee maker that will revolutionize your mornings. From grind and brew coffee makers to bean-to-cup machines, we'll explore all the ins and outs of these coffee marvels. Get ready to awaken your senses and embark on a journey to coffee paradise.
What Is A Grind And Brew Coffee Maker?
A grind and brew coffee maker is a machine that grinds coffee beans right before the brewing process. It offers the benefits of freshly ground coffee at home, which includes better taste and aroma. By grinding the beans just before brewing, you can maximize the flavor and freshness of your coffee.
What is a bean-to-cup coffee machine?
A bean-to-cup coffee machine is a type of coffee maker that grinds coffee beans just before making espresso. The freshness of the coffee grounds is crucial for the taste of the coffee. Grinding the beans right before brewing minimizes oxidation and ensures a flavorful cup of coffee.
It is recommended to keep coffee beans whole until close to brewing time. (© Marco Verch | Creative Commons)A grind and brew coffee maker ensures that the beans are ground and extracted quickly, preserving their freshness. Simply load the machine with the best espresso beans you can find, and let it do its magic.
The fineness of the grind also plays a significant role. For espresso, a fine powder-like grind is ideal. While a hand grinder can achieve this, it can be time-consuming, leading many people to opt for a machine instead.
A whole bean coffee maker speeds up the process while striving to maintain barista-quality results. However, certain machines perform better than others in this regard.
How to Use a Grind and Brew Coffee Maker
Using a grind and brew machine is easy once you understand the process. First, fill the water reservoir with cold water up to the designated line. Next, add your desired amount of coffee grounds to the filter basket. Place the basket in the machine and close the lid. Finally, press the button to start brewing.
The grinder in the machine will automatically grind the coffee beans, followed by the brewing process. The coffee will slowly drip through the filter into the carafe beneath. Once all the coffee has been brewed, you can press the on button again to turn off the machine.
Pour yourself a cup of freshly brewed coffee and enjoy! Grind and brew machines simplify the process of making a fresh cup of coffee every morning without the need to grind the beans manually. With a variety of sizes and styles available, you can find the perfect one to suit your needs.
Buying Guide for the Best Coffee Maker With Grinder
When looking for the best coffee maker with a grinder, it's important to consider several factors. Here are some key considerations to keep in mind:
High-end espresso machines and coffee makers can be bulky and may not fit well in small kitchens. Measure the space available before making a purchase to ensure the machine will fit under your upper cabinets.
There are two types of grinders to consider: blade grinders and burr grinders. Blade grinders are more affordable but may produce inconsistent coarseness. Burr grinders, although more expensive, offer consistent grounds and are worth the investment.
Consider how many coffee lovers you have in your household and how much coffee they consume daily when choosing a coffee maker. Some households may require a larger capacity, while others might only need a single cup per day. Keep in mind that coffee machine "cups" are not the same as standard measurements, typically ranging between 4 and 6 ounces.
Consider whether your coffee maker is environmentally friendly. Look for recyclable filters or machines with reusable filters to reduce waste.
Home drip coffee makers usually come with either a glass or thermal carafe. Glass carafes are more economical and ideal for immediate consumption, while thermal carafes offer better coffee preservation, keeping the contents hot for hours without affecting the taste. Espresso makers do not have a carafe as they directly pour coffee into cups or mugs.
Each coffee maker has its own functions and features. Familiarize yourself with the features before making a purchase and compare them to your preferences.
Blade vs. Burr
Coffee grinders can have either blades or burrs. Blade grinders are more affordable but may produce inconsistent coarseness, while burr grinders offer consistent grounds and are commonly used in professional machines.
Regular cleaning is essential to prolong the lifespan of a coffee maker. Machines with blade grinders are generally more challenging to clean compared to those with burr grinders.
Budget is an important consideration. Machines with more features may be worth the investment if you have a flexible budget. However, even with a limited budget, you can still find a good coffee maker at a reasonable price.
The 5 Best Coffee Machines With Grinder
Here are the top 5 grind and brew coffee machines available on the market:
Breville Grind Control: Best Overall
- 6 grind control levels
- Unrivaled coffee strength adjustment levels
- Thermal carafe
- Sleek design
- May cause jealousy
- Rather heavy
The Breville Grind Control is the ideal choice for those seeking maximum control over their coffee brewing. With its stainless steel burr grinder offering six adjustment levels and eight coffee strength adjustment levels, this machine provides unparalleled flexibility. The thermal carafe keeps your coffee hot, and the sleek design adds a touch of elegance to any kitchen counter.
DeLonghi TrueBrew: Best Performing
- Multiple brew styles
- Easy to use and very convenient
- Adjustable strength and temperature settings
- Fantastic user interface
- Rather bulky
- Quite expensive
The DeLonghi TrueBrew is the perfect choice for individuals torn between a drip coffee maker and a fully automatic espresso machine. With its wide range of options for brew strength, style, and size, this fully automatic coffee maker offers convenience and versatility. The built-in grinder and Bean Extract Technology ensure consistent results. The touchscreen display adds a modern touch to the overall user experience.
Gevi 4 in 1: Best for Pour-Over
- Flat burr grinder
- Touchscreen display
- Built-in scale
- Superb programmability
- Very expensive
- Not for everyone
The Gevi 4 in 1 is a unique coffee maker with grinder designed for pour-over enthusiasts. It features a color touchscreen display, built-in scale, and programmable rotating water spouts, allowing you to replicate your preferred pour-over technique. With its stainless steel flat burrs and numerous adjustment settings, this machine offers precise control over your coffee-making process. However, its high price and specialized features make it suitable for dedicated coffee geeks.
Cuisinart Grind and Brew DGB-850
- DirectFlow grind assembly
- Brew Pause Technology
- Replaceable water filter
- 3-year warranty
- Moisture buildup in the bean hopper
- Difficult to fully empty the carafe
The Cuisinart Grind and Brew DGB-850 offers valuable features at a reasonable price. Its DirectFlow grind assembly ensures the coffee grounds are dispensed directly into the brew basket, enhancing the flavor and consistency of the coffee. The AutoRinse feature further contributes to optimal brewing. The machine also comes with a sealed lid to keep beans fresh and a replaceable water filter for improved taste. The 3-year warranty adds peace of mind.
Capresso Team Pro Plus
- Conical burr grinder
- Thermal carafe
- Easy to clean
- Removable bean hopper
- Boxy design
- Relatively expensive
The Capresso Team Pro Plus Coffee Maker with Grinder boasts a conical burr grinder and a sleek stainless steel design. The removable upper burr and bean hopper make cleaning a breeze. The built-in charcoal water filter ensures the removal of impurities and unwanted flavors. With options for both thermal and glass carafes, this machine offers flexibility to suit various preferences.
Best Coffee Machines With Grinder at a Glance
Here is a summary of the best grind and brew coffee machines mentioned above:
- Breville Grind Control: Best Overall
- DeLonghi TrueBrew: Best Performing
- Gevi 4 in 1: Best for Pour-Over
- Cuisinart Grind and Brew DGB-850
- Capresso Team Pro Plus
These coffee machines offer a range of features and capabilities, catering to different preferences and needs.
11 best bean-to-cup coffee machines in detail
Now, let's take a closer look at the top bean-to-cup espresso machines available in the market:
1. Gaggia Velasca Prestige
The Gaggia Velasca Prestige is a super-automatic coffee machine for espresso lovers who want high-quality coffee with convenience at the touch of a button. With its customizable push-button brewing and frothing options, it allows you to easily create specialty drinks. The machine's stainless-steel retro design adds a touch of elegance to your kitchen.
It features a program menu with dedicated buttons for various beverages such as espresso, espresso lungo, cappuccino, milk froth, and special drinks. You can easily customize these one-touch beverages by adjusting the coffee volume, milk volume, brew strength, and even the optional pre-infusion levels. The machine also offers a unique espresso lungo setting that allows you to brew a drip-style coffee for a stronger cup. It offers five brew strengths and three temperature settings to cater to different beans and user preferences.
The special drinks menu includes options for hot water and a baby cappuccino, similar to an espresso macchiato. The machine also features height-adjustable espresso spouts and a removable hot water dispenser for Americanos and tea.
The integrated carafe of the machine automatically steams and dispenses milk into cups positioned under the espresso spouts, eliminating the need for repositioning. However, it's worth mentioning that the machine produces some noise. The carafe is dishwasher-safe and can be easily removed for storage in the fridge. In its place, you can attach the hot-water dispensing spout to brew an Americano.
The top-mounted ceramic burr grinder offers 10 grind settings, while the bean hopper has a capacity of 10.5 ounces. The machine also includes a bypass doser for pre-ground coffee. Additionally, it has a large cup-warming plate on top.
The machine's design features convenient front-loading compartments for the water tank, dregs drawer, and drip tray.
Gaggia ensures easy maintenance with automatic rinse, carafe cleaning, and descaling cycles. The optional carbon water filter removes impurities and softens the water, reducing the frequency of descaling. The milk circuit can be rinsed after each use with a simple button press. The brew unit can be easily removed from a side panel for cleaning.
Some users may miss the presence of a manual steam wand and adjustable froth. However, the Velasca Prestige's design prioritizes one-touch convenience.
- One-touch specialty drinks
- Front-load compartments
- Compact design
- No manual steam
- No adjustable froth
Gaggia Velasca Prestige specifications:
|Dimensions||10.25" W x 13.5" H x 17" D|
|Power||1400 watts, 15-bar pump|
|Water tank||54 ounces|
2. Breville Oracle Touch
The Oracle Touch is the epitome of brewing brilliance when it comes to bean-to-cup coffee machines. Made by Breville in Australia (marketed as Sage in some countries), this machine offers a high-end coffee experience.
Featuring a high-tech interface, the Oracle Touch introduces a colorful touchscreen to its design, replacing the buttons and levers found in previous Oracle models. This touchscreen makes it even easier to navigate and personalize different settings and brewing setups for various coffee styles.
Aside from its impressive brewing capabilities, the Oracle Touch stands out with its sleek and elegant design. Despite its height of over 20 inches and the large 84-ounce water tank, the machine manages to exude sophistication.
The Oracle Touch's portafilter can accommodate different-sized baskets to adjust the volume of espresso. While this level of control can be overwhelming for beginners, it offers experienced users the ability to experiment and fine-tune their brews to perfection. This is one of the main reasons why the Oracle Touch takes the top spot in our list.
Additionally, the machine features a steam wand that allows you to add heat and texture to your milk-based drinks. Its capabilities rival those of professional machines used in high-end coffee shops, making it an excellent option for those who want to replicate a premium espresso experience at home. With a whopping 45 grind settings, the Oracle Touch ensures optimal coffee extraction, surpassing the quality found in most home coffee makers.
Whether you're looking to get fully involved in the brewing process or prefer a more hands-off approach, the Oracle Touch caters to both preferences. You can manually control various aspects of your drink or simply lock the portafilter in place, select your desired settings on the touchscreen, and let the machine work its magic.
Learning to use the Oracle Touch is a breeze, thanks to its user-friendly interface and temperature sensors that prevent overheating. Maintenance is relatively easy, though descaling can be time-consuming. However, the machine's performance and the quality of its brews make it well worth the effort.
It's important to note that the Oracle Touch is a high-end machine, retailing at over $2,500. It is designed for serious coffee enthusiasts who appreciate the complexity and precision of professional-grade coffee makers. If you're passionate about espresso and willing to invest in a top-of-the-line machine, the Oracle Touch is the crème de la crème of coffee makers.
Let James Hoffman, a coffee expert, introduce you to the Sage Oracle Touch in this video:
- Sleek design
- Easy to use touchscreen interface
- Offers a wide range of barista-level brewing options
- Excellent grinding capabilities
- Noisy operation
Breville Oracle Touch specifications:
|Dimensions||17.1" W x 20.7 H x 17.3" D|
|Power||1800 watts, 15-bar pump|
|Water tank||84 ounces|
3. Jura D6
Check availability The Jura D6 is the perfect entry-level automatic coffee and espresso machine for those who value intuitive operation and exceptional brew quality. With its minimalist design, the D6 focuses on delivering superb espresso with simplicity.
The D6 incorporates Jura's pulse extraction process specifically for espresso. This method pulses water through the coffee grounds at an optimized rate to extract maximum flavor, aroma, and crema. For regular coffee, the machine uses standard extraction and can brew up to eight ounces.
Compared to other Jura models we've tested, the D6 does produce slightly more noise. The casing appears to be less soundproof. Consider this if you have light sleepers at home.
The controls of the D6 are straightforward, featuring LED buttons with text display and two rotary dials. The left dial selects options, while the right dial manages milk steaming and hot water functions. The machine allows you to program seven specialty beverages and customize the brew strength, coffee volume, and temperature. One-touch buttons for cappuccino, espresso, coffee, milk foam, and hot water are also available.
The Jura D6 offers customizable strengths ranging from mild to extra strong. The strongest setting uses a high dose of 16 grams of coffee.
The steamer draws milk from your container, froths it automatically, and dispenses it into your cup. You can program the milk foam duration from three to 60 seconds. The dispenser switch requires manual opening and closing.
The bean hopper of the D6 is easily accessible from the right side of the machine. The metal burr grinder provides six settings for precise grind control. The machine also features a cup-warming plate on top.
The water tank offers side access and includes a high-performance filter. Using the smart water filter eliminates the need for frequent descaling, a feature found in all Jura models.
Automatic cleaning cycles include rinse, clean, milk rinse, milk clean, and descale. The brew head is cleaned in place by inserting Jura cleaning tablets. The D6 does not have a pre-ground coffee option, but the chute usually reserved for it is used for the cleaning tablets.
The D6 does not come with a milk container, but Jura offers stainless steel and refrigerated countertop milk containers as additional accessories.
If you prefer to remotely prepare your coffee, the D6 is compatible with Jura's Smart Connect Bluetooth adapter, sold separately. This adapter fits inside the front panel and connects to the Jura Operating Experience app, allowing you to select drinks and receive maintenance alerts.
Seattle Coffee Gear demonstrates the Jura D6 in this video:
- Strong coffee dosing
- Compact design
- Automated maintenance
- Excellent water filtration system
- No pre-ground coffee option
- Milk container not included
- Maintenance costs for cleaning supplies
Jura D6 specifications:
|Dimensions||11" W x 13.6" H x 16.3" D|
|Power||1450-watts, 15-bar pump|
|Water tank||63.6 ounces|
|Steam||Automatic with manual start and stop|
4. De'Longhi Dinamica
Check availability The De'Longhi Dinamica is an automatic coffee and espresso machine specifically designed for the American market. It stands out with its TrueBrew iced coffee feature, ensuring robust and flavorful espresso over ice. The machine grinds a higher coffee dosage, pre-infuses longer, and extracts longer for optimal iced coffee.
The user interface of the Dinamica includes four one-touch drink buttons for espresso, lungo, over ice, and coffee. The coffee option brews a drip-style coffee using lower pressure compared to espresso. Customization options include selecting the volume and choosing from five strength settings ranging from extra mild to extra strong.
In terms of noise level, the Dinamica falls within the average range—not too loud, but not whisper-quiet either.
The Dinamica features a manual Panarello steam wand for frothing, incorporating technology that simplifies the process and produces good foam. You can adjust the wand for drier foam if desired. The wand also doubles as a hot-water dispenser and can be easily detached for manual cleaning.
Equipped with a steel burr grinder offering 13 settings, the Dinamica maintains a compact profile with its flush-mounted bean hopper. The machine also includes a convenient front-facing water tank, charcoal filter, and dregs bin, making it suitable for small spaces. An automatic rinse cycle activates upon powering off the machine, and a separate rinse button allows for on-demand cleaning. The brew unit is removable from the side, and the drip tray is dishwasher-safe.
It is important to note that the Dinamica offers only manual steaming if you prefer one-touch solutions for cappuccinos and lattes. While the special steaming wand simplifies the process, it does not offer the same level of control as a traditional steam wand would.
Hughes demonstrates the De'Longhi Dinamica in this video:
- Brew process optimized for iced coffee
- Adjustable frother
- 13 grinder settings
- Compact design
- Front-loading compartments
- Manual steam only
- Not ideal for micro-foam
De'Longhi Dinamica specifications:
|Dimensions||9.3" W x 13.7" H x 16.9" D|
|Power||1250 watts, 15-bar pump|
|Water tank||60 ounces|
5. Breville Barista Express
The Barista Express from Breville is an outstanding choice for those seeking a coffee and espresso machine that offers the complexity and quality of a professional-level barista machine. It is essentially an upgraded version of the popular Breville Infuser, with a built-in grinder.
While its weight of 29 pounds may seem heavy, this machine is not designed to be a portable and inexpensive espresso maker. It aims to provide a bespoke, barista-quality experience, and the weight reflects its high-quality construction.
With a generous 67-ounce water tank and a stainless steel conical burr grinder, the Barista Express is a reliable choice for brewing a large quantity of high-quality coffee in a short amount of time.
One of the noteworthy features of the Barista Express is the option to choose between manual and automatic settings. The automatic setting allows you to brew your coffee quickly and hassle-free, reducing the chances of error. The manual setting, on the other hand, provides greater control over factors such as grind size, extraction time, and more.
If you're new to espresso-making, you can start off with automated settings and gradually take over as you get more comfortable with the process. However, it's worth noting that this model may be a bit on the expensive side for beginners.
The steam wand of the Barista Express is capable of creating silky-smooth milk textures for your cappuccinos and lattes.
In terms of cleaning, the Barista Express is relatively easy to maintain. It doesn't require extensive effort to keep it in good shape. Descaling the machine to remove mineral buildup from the water can be time-consuming, so it's advisable to set aside some time for that every few months.
Despite its cost, the Barista Express stands out due to its build quality and the quality of the brew it produces. It does have many moving parts and features, which can lead to occasional issues or breakages. However, Breville offers a one-year warranty and provides easy access to replacement parts.
In conclusion, while the Barista Express may be a bit temperamental, its exceptional results and performance make it a worthwhile investment for those who appreciate the art of brewing coffee and espresso.
Let Wendy from ECS Coffee introduce you to the Breville Barista Express in this video:
- High-quality build resembling that of a professional barista machine
- Capable of toggling between automatic and manual settings
- Produces smooth milk for lattes, including the ability to create latte art
- Easy to descale
- Can be temperamental
Breville Barista Express specifications:
|Dimensions||16" W x 13.5" H x 12.5" D|
|Power||1600 watts, 15-bar pump|
|Water tank||67 ounces|
List Of 9 Best Grind And Brew Coffee Maker Reviews
1. Cuisinart DGB-900BC Grind & Brew Thermal 12-Cup Automatic Coffeemaker
- Experience the taste of fresh, gourmet coffee with the Cuisinart DGB-900BC Grind & Brew Thermal 12-Cup Automatic Coffeemaker. This coffeemaker is fully programmable and includes convenient features like auto-shutoff, brew-pause, and a Grind off function. The stainless steel thermal carafe keeps coffee hot for up to 12 hours, and the built-in grinder and bean hopper allow you to grind your own beans. With a strength selector and grind control, you can customize the intensity and volume of your coffee.
- The Cuisinart DGB-900BC Grind & Brew Thermal 12-Cup Automatic Coffeemaker is a professional-grade coffeemaker that meets North American Electrical Standards.
- If you want a user-friendly coffeemaker with all the necessary features, the Cuisinart DGB-900BC will make your mornings easier. It's designed with a straightforward control panel and comes with everything you need for a perfect cup of coffee.
2. KRUPS Grind and Brew Auto-Start Maker with Builtin Burr Coffee Grinder
- Wake up to the rich aroma of freshly ground coffee with the KRUPS Grind and Brew Auto-Start Maker. This 10-cup coffeemaker has a built-in grinder that grinds beans right before brewing for a flavorful cup of coffee. It offers customizable settings for cup size, grind consistency, brew strength, and flavor options. The Auto Start & Keep Warm function allows you to schedule the brew cycle, and the 2-hour keep warm setting keeps your coffee hot.
- The intuitive controls and clear LCD screen make it easy to operate the KRUPS Grind and Brew Auto-Start Maker. The brew pause feature lets you pour a cup during the brewing process, and the curved spout ensures drip-free pouring. The gold-tone filter is removable for easy cleaning.
3. Gevi Programmable Grind and Brew Coffee Maker
- The Gevi Grind and Brew Coffee Maker automatically brews coffee after grinding the beans. It has a built-in burr grinder with adjustable grinding options, and the removable water tank makes it convenient to fill and clean. With 1-hour insulation, this coffee maker is perfect for enjoying coffee with friends.
- This coffee maker is designed for simplicity and convenience. It grinds and brews automatically, allowing you to enjoy a perfect cup of coffee every time. The adjustable grinder lets you customize the grinding strength, and the removable water tank makes filling and cleaning easy.
- The Gevi Grind and Brew Coffee Maker is perfect for quick caffeine fixes. The easy-to-use control panel ensures you get your morning coffee just the way you like it. With Gevi's one-year product quality service, you can trust that this coffee maker will last.
4. Breville BDC650BSS Grind Control Coffee Maker
- The Breville BDC650BSS Grind Control Coffee Maker allows you to customize your coffee experience. It features Steep and Release technology to capture freshness and essential oils from beans, as well as a grind adjustment for different types of beans. You can program the auto-start function and trust that the machine will deliver the perfect cup of coffee with consistent water temperature.
- This coffee maker is perfect for coffee enthusiasts. It offers programmable autostart, an adjustable grinder, and an array of included accessories. Its professional design makes it suitable for both home and office use.
5. Cuisinart DGB-450 Automatic Grind & Brew 10-Cup Thermal Coffeemaker
- The Cuisinart DGB-450 Automatic Grind & Brew Thermal Coffeemaker is the perfect way to start your day. Its blade grinder ensures the freshest possible flavor in each cup by grinding whole beans before brewing.
- This fully automatic coffeemaker features a 10-cup double-wall insulated thermal carafe that keeps coffee hot for hours. It has simple controls, programmability, and a brew pause function for your convenience.
- The thermal carafe and brew pause feature make this coffeemaker a great choice for those who enjoy hot, fresh coffee throughout the day.
6. Gevi Grind and Brew Automatic Coffee Machine
- The 10-Cup Drip Coffee Maker allows you to brew a fresh pot of coffee. With its built-in grinder, you can choose between coffee beans or powder and let the machine do the work for you. This coffee maker is designed for easy use and is suitable for any coffee lover.
- With the built-in grinder, you can grind fresh coffee beans for a flavorful cup. The easy-to-use controls ensure you get your perfect cup every time.
- This coffee maker is perfect for anyone who wants to enjoy a delicious cup of coffee made to their liking. With adjustable settings for strength and grind, you can create the perfect drink every time. The conical burr grinder allows for customization, and the automatic start function lets you wake up or come home to freshly brewed coffee.
7. HAUSWIRT K6 Automatic Grind and Brew Coffee Maker
- The HAUSWIRT K6 Automatic Grind and Brew Coffee Maker features a stainless steel grinder and double filter for optimal grinding and brewing. The PTC ceramic warming plate keeps your coffee hot for up to 2 hours, and the machine can grind and brew in 5 minutes or less for quick caffeine fixes.
- This coffee maker is a versatile addition to any kitchen. It can brew coffee with whole beans or ground coffee and even brew tea. The stainless steel grinder and double filter ensure the perfect grind consistency, while the PTC ceramic warming plate maintains the ideal temperature. With 5-minute grind and brew time, you can enjoy a delicious cup of coffee in no time.
- The HAUSWIRT K6 coffee maker is perfect for those who want a hassle-free, delicious cup of coffee. The stainless steel grind chamber and double filter ensure clean and fresh coffee every time. The 2-6 cup carafe is perfect for brewing the right amount of coffee for your needs.
8. Mixpresso Programmable Grind & Brew Auto Start Coffee Maker
- Mixpresso's Programmable Grind & Brew Auto Start Coffee Maker with Built-in Coffee Grinder is the perfect appliance to start your day. With its sleek design and built-in grinder, you can enjoy a fresh, aromatic cup of joe using whole beans or pre-ground coffee. It's easy to use and offers customizable features for a rich and flavorful brew.
- You can grind fresh coffee beans for a richer flavor or enjoy your favorite pre-ground coffee for daily use. The machine is designed for easy operation, with illuminated buttons and a one-touch safety button. The high-tech grinder grinds beans quickly and easily, and the machine has a 22 oz. capacity for brewing multiple cups at once. It also has an automatic shut-off feature for energy-saving.
9. PowerXL Grind & Go, Automatic Single Serve Coffee Maker
- The PowerXL Grind and Go Automatic Single Serve Coffee Maker allows you to grind and brew your favorite cup of coffee. Its built-in grinder ensures the freshest taste in each cup, and you can choose between whole beans or pre-ground coffee. The 2-in-1 auto brew programming offers a quick and convenient brewing experience.
- This coffee maker offers 2-in-1 auto brew programming, allowing you to choose between whole beans or pre-ground coffee for a freshly brewed cup. The clear water reservoir allows you to measure your cup size precisely, and the included 16 oz. thermal mug with lid and heat-resistant sleeve is perfect for on-the-go coffee lovers.
- The PowerXL Grind & Go Coffee Maker is designed for barista-quality coffee at home. It has a built-in grinder and adjustable drip tray for different cup sizes. It's also easy to clean with a removable, dishwasher-safe filter.
List of 13 Best Coffee Maker With Grinder Reviews
1. Cuisinart DGB-900BC Grind & Brew Thermal 12-Cup Automatic Coffeemaker
- Cuisinart machines are relatively new in the coffee industry but are among the most popular when it comes to coffee makers with built-in grinders. Our top choice from this brand is the DGB-900BC for several reasons.
- This solid coffee maker features a quiet stainless steel burr grinder and impressive programmability. It offers three brew strength options - mild, medium, and strong - as well as volume control for adjusting the cup size from 2 cups to 12 cups.
- This coffee maker can be programmed to make a fresh pot of coffee every morning for up to 24 hours. It also features double-walled thermal carafes to keep the coffee hot for several hours without a hotplate. Other notable features include an 8-ounce bean hopper, brew-pause feature, and auto-off for energy efficiency.
- The main drawbacks of this machine are the difficult-to-clean chute and the inability to change the grind size. The grind preset is a standard size, which prevents clogging but still extracts good flavor.
2. KRUPS Grind and Brew Auto-Start Maker with Builtin Burr Coffee Grinder
- KRUPS produces great coffee makers at a reasonable price, and their Grind and Brew with Automatic Burr Grinder is no exception. This machine can make 10 cups of drip coffee.
- The conical burr grinder has five settings to achieve the perfect grind, and you can also choose the brew strength. The coffee maker features an auto-start function and a keep-warm function that lasts up to 2 hours.
- One unique feature of this machine is the use of a glass cup instead of a thermal one, which may affect the longevity of the coffee's temperature. However, considering the KRUPS brand name, our positive experience with their products, and the value it offers at this price, it is our top choice in this category.
3. Breville BDC650BSS Grind Control Coffee Maker
- The Breville BDC650BSS may seem expensive for a drip coffee and brew machine, but it offers affordability along with a stainless steel burr grinder and an LED display.
- This machine stands out with its six grind options and eight brew options for maximum customization. It is a trusted brand known for its exceptional performance, despite its uninspiring appearance.
4. Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine
- The Breville BES870XL Barista Espresso Machine is an interesting product with a conical burr grinder that ensures a great start for your beans. It offers precise control, ease of use, and a PID temperature control system for an authentic Italian espresso experience.
- This machine also has the ability to make espresso and steam milk with a steam wand. With its exceptional performance and reasonable price, it is a top choice for espresso lovers who want to grind their own coffee.
5. BLACK DECKER 12-Cup Mill and Brew Coffeemaker
- The Black Decker Mill and Brew coffee maker combines grinding and brewing into one machine. It offers QuickTouch programming for faster processes.
- This coffee maker features three strength options and 24-hour programming. It is easy to use with clearly labeled buttons, a backlit display, and a clear front window to check the water level. It also comes with a grinder for easy cleaning.
- One drawback is that it uses a blade grinder, which may result in uneven coffee grounds and lower-quality coffee. However, for those who prioritize convenience, this product is still a good choice.
6. Capresso 465 CoffeeTeam TS 10-Cup Digital Coffeemaker with Conical Burr Grinder
- The Capresso 465 is a durable and long-lasting machine similar to the Cuisinart model. It offers a 10-cup brewing capacity and standout grind settings.
- With four cup options, three brew strengths, and the ability to adjust grind settings for different roasts, this machine provides customization. It also features a thermal carafe, brew-pause setting, pre-ground option, and a digital control panel for easy programming.
- One downside is that the grinder can be loud, and the 6-ounce bean hopper is slightly small. However, overall, it is a solid choice.
7. De’Longhi ESAM3300 Magnifica Super Automatic Espresso & Coffee Machine
- The De'Longhi ESAM3300 is a unique grind and brew machine that offers both single and double espressos. It features a built-in burr grinder, rotary dial control, and double boiler systems for frothing milk while brewing.
- Although it lacks interactivity and barista-style features, it is a high-quality machine known for its excellent espresso drinks. It offers great value for its coffee-making capabilities.
8. Chefman Grind and Brew 4 Cup Coffee Maker and Grinder
- The Chefman Grind and Brew 4 Cup Coffee Maker and Grinder is a compact and affordable option for smaller families and limited spaces.
- This machine can easily make 4 cups of coffee and comes with a blade grinder. It may be more difficult to clean compared to other models, affecting its productivity and lifespan. However, its compact design and affordability make it a suitable choice for small families.
9. Breville BCG820BSS Smart Grinder Pro Coffee Bean Grinder
- The Breville Smart Grinder is a high-quality coffee bean grinder with brushed stainless steel body. It offers quick and precise grinding with over 60 grind settings.
- This grinder has a bean capacity of 18 ounces and comes with multiple accessories, including portafilters, a grinder container, and a small brush for cleaning. It also features a Precision Timer and an LCD screen for easy programming.
10. Gevi Grind and Brew Automatic Coffee Machine
- The Gevi Grind and Brew machine allows you to use pre-ground beans or freshly grind them with its conical burr grinder. It offers easy brewing of up to 10 cups of coffee.
- With three strength control settings and eight grind sizes, this machine provides versatility. It also features a warming plate, 24-hour programming, and a glass carafe for convenient use.
11. Cuisinart DGB-550BKP1 Grind & Brew Automatic Coffeemaker
- The Cuisinart Grind and Brew Machine allows you to customize your coffee by grinding whole beans prior to brewing. It offers brew-pause functionality and easy cleaning with separate grinder and filter chambers.
- This coffee maker is simple and affordable, making it a good choice for those with lower expectations.
What Are the Advantages and Disadvantages of a Coffee Maker With Grinder?
As a purist, I prefer pour-over coffee, but I understand the appeal of grind and brew coffee machines for those who want a convenient brewing process without much expertise required.
The quality of the beans is crucial for achieving great taste and aroma in these machines, as no design can compensate for low-quality beans. However, coffee makers with grinders offer several advantages, including the ability to automatically brew a large amount of filter coffee, space-saving due to the absence of an extra grinder, and the option to use pre-ground coffee in case of emergencies.
On the downside, lower-quality grinders can be noisy and produce inconsistent results, the machines themselves can be bulky, and certain limitations may arise when using different roasts.
Nevertheless, once you find the right balance between your preferred roast, machine settings, and any potential weaknesses, you can enjoy endless cups of coffee tailored to your taste in one go.
Our choice for best bean-to-cup coffee machine
After reviewing various bean-to-cup machines, our top pick is the Gaggia Velasca Prestige. It combines the convenience of an automatic machine with the ability to customize your drinks.
The Velasca Prestige brews excellent espresso with customizable variables such as pre-infusion, coffee and milk volumes, brew strength, and temperature. Its sleek retro design fits well in most kitchens, and features like automatic rinse, milk carafe cleaning, and descaling cycles make maintenance easier. Overall, it offers quality and convenience at a reasonable price.
FAQ about bean-to-cup coffee machines
Do I need a professional espresso maker?
It depends on your desired coffee experience. For a quick espresso-like shot, a professional espresso maker may not be necessary. However, for the full espresso, latte, and cappuccino experience with added options, a more specialized machine is recommended.
Are bean-to-cup machines hard to clean?
Cleaning difficulty varies among models. Some offer self-cleaning mechanisms or internal cleaning functions that make the process easier for users.
Are bean-to-cup machines expensive?
The price range for bean-to-cup machines varies. Full espresso experiences may require a higher budget, but less expensive models can still provide basic espresso or latte options at a lower cost.
Do bean-to-cup machines make more than espresso?
Yes! Bean-to-cup machines can brew various types of coffee, from black java to espressos and lattes, offering a wide range of options to suit different preferences.
In conclusion, investing in a grind and brew coffee maker is a game-changer for any coffee enthusiast. Not only does it simplify the brewing process by combining grinding and brewing into one machine, but it also ensures a fresher, more flavorful cup of coffee every time. Whether you prefer the convenience of a bean-to-cup coffee machine or the versatility of a coffee maker with grinder, there are plenty of options to choose from. With our comprehensive buying guide and list of the best coffee machines with grinder, you'll be well-equipped to find the perfect addition to your kitchen. Say goodbye to stale, pre-ground coffee and say hello to a whole new level of coffee perfection.
Discover the unrivaled world of coffee grinding as we unveil the Wirecutter Favorites, guiding you towards finding the ultimate coffee grinder. Gain comprehensive insights, expert recommendations, and insider tips to elevate your coffee game to astonishing new heights. Unleash the true potential of your beans and embark on a flavor-packed journey like no other. Don't settle for anything less than perfection – let the ultimate coffee grinder be your key to unlocking the unparalleled richness and aroma of every brew.
Looking for the perfect coffee maker with grinder? Discover the ultimate guide to find the best one for you! We'll explore the advantages and disadvantages, along with our top picks, to help you make that perfect brew. Click here now!
Looking for the ultimate coffee experience? Discover the best single cup coffee makers with integrated grinders! Our comprehensive guide explores top-notch features, a detailed comparison, and even highlights the pros and cons. Elevate your mornings with the perfect brew in every cup. Click here now!
Discover the top burr coffee grinders of 2022 in our ultimate guide to choosing the best grinder for pour over. Elevate your coffee experience and achieve perfection with these expert-recommended options.