Guide to Using a BUNN Coffee Maker
Modified image via Flickr.
Since the 1950s, BUNN has been manufacturing coffee makers. They produce high-quality coffee dispensers for both domestic and commercial use.
Its dedication to coffee quality has resulted in some of the finest coffee machines available. The best coffee can be made with a BUNN coffee maker, and we're here to help.
Variety is the spice of life, and among the many BUNN coffee maker designs available, there are a few that perform slightly differently than their counterparts. We'd like to talk about how to use the BX, GR, BT, ST, and NHS Velocity Brew models properly.
BUNN recommends that you familiarize yourself with your new coffee maker by reading the manual that comes with it.
Learn how to use key components of a BUNN coffee maker.
Getting to know the following components of your brewer is recommended:
- Cover for the funnel on brewers.
- All models have an internal hot water tank.
- Lid, Glass, Carafe (for GR, BX, and NHS models).
- Carafe made of glass (suitable for the GR, BX, and NHS models)
- Plate Warmer (for the GR, BX, and NHS models)
- Cap for a thermal carafe (in the BT and ST varieties)
- Carafe with a thermal compartment (available in BT and ST models).
- Lighting up when the sprayer is turned on (ST version).
- Toggle for increased heat (GR, BX, and NHS models)
- Vacation Swap - Model-specific Destinations
Do not connect the brewer to electricity until you have finished the following:
- The brew funnel should be inserted into the guide with no liquid inside.
- Raise or lower the brewer cover.
- The brewer should be filled with a carafe's worth of filtered water.
- Carafe on base, brew funnel on top.
- In that time, the tank might only be halfway full.
- To fill the tank, simply repeat the steps. There are about 2 carafes worth of liquid in the storage tank.
- Always remember to put the carafe back into the base after filling the tank so that water can flow through the brew funnel.
- Put the lid back on
- Start the coffee machine.
- To activate the vacation mode, flip the switch at the base of your door to the "on" position. It's down by the machine's feet on the left side. It takes about 15 minutes for the machine to heat up to brewing temperature.
You've finished the initial setup and are ready to brew some coffee.
Here are the steps to making your first cup of coffee:
- Fill the brew funnel with a BUNN coffee filter.
- Put the amount of coffee you want to brew into the filter and spread the grounds out to ensure an even brew.
- Put the brewing funnel inside the filter support.
- Pull the plug or lift the cover
- The carafe should hold four to ten cups of water.
- Submerge the brewer in the water.
- Assuming you aren't working with an ST or BT model, fire up the heater.
- Put the lid on tight and let the brewing begin.
Cleaning the brewer and other components of your BUNN coffee maker is an absolute necessity.
There are a few things that need to be done every day for maintenance:
- When using a new filter, make sure to rinse the basket.
- The coffee maker should be cleaned before each use.
- After each use of your BUNN, make sure to give it a good scrub down, along with the coffee funnels, brew pot, and brewers.
The following items are included in weekly upkeep:
- Be sure to give everything a good rinse.
- Cleaning the outside of the brewer with common household cleaners is a good idea.
- The brew basket needs to be scrubbed to get rid of any leftovers.
- Make sure the spray heads are not clogged by making sure they are able to properly spray.
- Purge the coffee grinder of old grounds.
- Both the brew funnel and the decanter are safe for the top rack of the dishwasher.
Clean your coffee machine of lime
Brewers require periodic deliming to ensure optimal functioning. If your machine has built up deposits of lime or other substances from the water you use, you should do this.
The frequency of deliming is affected by the water's composition. Accumulated deposits are more common in areas with hard water.
When you're ready to start deliming, unplug the brewer.
- Learn where the spray nozzle is
- Disconnect the nozzle and set it aside.
- Locate the brewer's deliming probe.
- Put the deliming probe into the spray head opening until it is two inches from the end.
- For best results, repeat this process five or six times, sliding the tool in and out each time to loosen the deposits.
- Once that's done, you should wash the spray nozzle.
- A toothpick or other small prodding utensil can be used to remove any remaining mineral deposits from the spray head.
- Just run some water over the spray head before putting it back in.
- Before using, make sure the brewer is plugged in and the water in the tank has had time to reheat.
Coffee maker cleanup: BUNN style
It's a good idea to drain the water from your BUNN on a regular basis, but you should do so especially before transporting it, shipping it, or storing it in a cold, unheated area.
To properly clean your BUNN coffee maker, follow these steps:
- Put the brewer on pause
- Slide an empty brew funnel into the brewer under the warmer switch and place an empty decanter in the middle of the warmer to cool the water in the tank. Start by filling the brewer's top with cold water from a pitcher. Hold off on emptying the decanter until the water trickles out of the funnel. Replace the water in the first pitcher with water from the second.
- Take out the nozzle sprayer. With your fingers, rotate it counterclockwise and pull it out.
- Flip the brewer upside down quickly over the sink. The spray head is where the majority of the tank's water will be dispersed, but there may also be a small trickle coming from the top of the lid.
- So long as water is still dripping, keep going.
- Screw the spray nozzle back onto the bottle, this time turning it clockwise until it clicks into place.
Overall, as you can see, BUNN coffee makers are easy to maintain.
If you're looking for a new coffee maker, you should read our in-depth reviews of seven popular models by the BUNN brand.
When you use one of their machines to brew, you'll immediately notice the difference in flavor. And now that you know how to use a BUNN coffee maker, you can brew coffee like a pro.
Our recommended choice is the Bonavita 8-Cup One-Touch Coffee Maker. This exceptional device not only offers user-friendly operation but also consistently produces outstanding coffee. You may be wondering if $150 is truly affordable. We believe it is a reasonable price for a device that you will utilize
Subscribe to our newsletter now for the most innovative features, news, tips, and incredible deals that will improve your technological experience.Thank you for joining T3. Please keep an eye out for the verification email which will be sent shortly.Uh-oh, it looks like something went wrong. Please
Who wouldn't want to bring that resilient, hard-working attitude into their cooking space? Our top pick for the best single-serve Bunn Coffee Maker is the Bunn MCU Single-Cup Multi-Use Home Coffee Brewer, which is the smallest in the Bunn family. But don't let its size fool you, this machine packs a
Technivorm Moccamaster coffee makers have achieved a level of excellence that sets them apart from other drip machines in the world. Each Moccamaster is carefully crafted by hand in the Netherlands to ensure that your coffee is treated with the care it deserves. These machines are certified by the