Guide for Operating a Proctor Silex Coffee Maker
Instruction Book for Proctor Silex Coffee Maker
WIN $100 TO SPEND ON THE SITE if you enter!
Code scanning or registration at proctorsilex.com
Promotion limited to customers in the United States
In order to prevent fires, electric shocks, and other potential injuries caused by the improper use of electrical appliances, the following standard safety precautions should always be observed.
- Carefully read the following
- Persons (including children) with diminished physical, sensory, or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, should not use this appliance without close supervision from an adult who is responsible for their safety. Children should not be left alone to clean or perform maintenance tasks.
- Any time a child is using or is in close proximity to an electrical device, adult supervision is required. The appliance should be kept out of the reach of children, so proper supervision is required.
- Never put your hands on a hot stove or oven. Put knobs or handles on it. Touching hot components or spilling a hot liquid can cause severe burns, so caution is required.
- Don't risk getting an electric shock by submerging the coffee maker's cord, plug, or any other part of the appliance in liquid.
- Coffee makers and clock radios should be unplugged when not in use and before cleaning. The appliance or its components must cool down before they can be put back on or removed, or cleaned.
- To avoid spilling coffee on yourself or the floor, keep the coffee maker on a stable surface, well away from the edge of the counter, when in use.
- Injuries are possible if you use attachments on your appliance that aren't approved by the manufacturer.
- If the power cord or plug is damaged, or if the appliance has malfunctioned, been dropped, or been damaged in any way, do not use it. The risk of injury can be minimized by only allowing the manufacturer, its service agent, or other appropriately trained individuals to perform any necessary replacement or repairs to the supply cord. Examining, repairing, or adjusting your product as outlined in the Limited Warranty? Call Customer Service.
- Using it in the open air is not recommended.
- Keep cord away from heat sources such as the stove and make sure it isn't dangling over the edge of any countertops.
- Keep your coffee maker away from any open flames, including the stovetop and the oven.
- In order to disconnect the coffee maker, you must first turn the controls to the OFF (O) position.
connector to wall outlet If you want to unplug something, just grab the plug and pull it out of the wall. Never yank on an electrical cord.
- WARNING Avoid removing the to lessen the likelihood of a fire or electric shock.
back cover There are no user-serviceable components inside. Only licensed technicians should perform maintenance.
- Please use appliances as intended.
- Keep-Warm plate temperature may remain high even after coffee maker is turned off.
- Only the machine's designated carafe should be used.
- This carafe is made specifically for this coffee machine. Never put it in the microwave or use it for cooking on a stove.
- Make sure the carafe is not placed on a damp or freezing surface.
- Never use a carafe with a broken lid or a handle that could break at any moment.
- Do not use any kind of cleaner, steel wool pads, or other abrasive materials on the carafe.
- During the brewing process and before serving, make sure the carafe lid is properly fastened. When replacing the carafe's lid, do so gently.
- When in use, keep the coffee maker out of the cupboard.
- If the lid is removed during the brewing process, the beverage could scald.
DO NOT LOSE THESE GUIDELINES
Additional Resources for Consumer Security
Only private residences should operate this appliance.
Caution, Risk of Electric Shock
In order to lessen the possibility of electric shock, this appliance has been outfitted with a polarized plug (one with a particularly wide blade). Only one orientation of the plug will work in a polarized outlet. Never use an adapter or modify the plug in any way; doing so will render it unsafe for use. In the event of a misfit, the plug should be turned around. An electrician should be called in to replace the plug if it still does not fit.
The appliance's cord is short enough to avoid tripping or getting tangled up in, but long enough to reach its destination. An approved extension cord may be used if a longer cord is required. The power capacity of the cord must match or exceed that of the appliance being used. The extension cord needs to be arranged carefully so that it does not drape over any surfaces where it could be pulled on by children or tripped over by accident.
Do not plug in any other high-wattage devices to the same circuit as this one.
Components and Attributes
Get the pieces you need at proctorsilex.com.
- Filtering Basket
- Filtering Basin Basket
- Switch That Off
- Warming Plate
- Dam or other Water Storage Facility
How to Prepare Coffee
ADVICE: Fire Risk If you don't want scalding coffee spilling out of the filter basket:
- Decaf coffee should not be used in quantities greater than those suggested by the coffee manufacturer. Make sure the lid is completely closed by pressing down firmly on it. If the coffee spills out of the filter basket, turn off the Coffeemaker and let the coffee cool in the basket before removing the filter basket.
All disassemblable parts should be cleaned in hot, soapy water before their first use. Get it dry after you've rinsed To make a single pot of coffee, use water and brew for one cycle before pouring it out
- It's time to install the filter basket in the well. Put the thumb grip into the appropriate slit. Check that the Filter Basket is securely in place.
- Insert a paper filter, cupcake size (1-4 cups), into the Filter Basket.
- The recommended amount of coffee per cup is one level tablespoon.
- Put as much cold tap water as you like into the carafe.
- Bring Carafe up to Water Tank and fill it up.
Warning: The glass Carafe's 4-cup line should not be filled past the 20-ounce mark.
- Carafe and lid should be placed on a Keep-Warm Plate.
- Close Lid To make sure the Lid is all the way shut, give it a good, hard press.
- Initiate Power On (I) at Switch. Coffeemaker's on status is indicated by a lit button.
- When you're done, make sure the power is turned off (O) and unplug it.
DANGER: Possible Burning Carafe must be returned to base in under 20 seconds. Hot water
When this function is activated, filtered water continuously enters the collection basket. Burns can occur from spilled hot beverages like coffee or water.
You can pour yourself a cup of coffee before the entire brewing cycle is done with this handy function. The coffee will temporarily stop flowing if the carafe is removed. As soon as the Carafe is placed back in the Base, the coffee will begin flowing again.
Advice on Carafe Security
If you ignore these warnings, you put yourself in harm's way, as indicated by this symbol.
This symbol serves as a cautionary warning that broken glass can cause serious injury.
- You shouldn't use a Carafe that's broken or has a handle that's loose or otherwise compromised.
- Only place this carafe on the coffeemaker's Keep-Warm Plate. Do not use in a microwave or regular oven, or on a gas or electric stovetop.
- Use caution when handling Carafe to prevent breakage. Deflection is the best defense On impact, glass will shatter. It's important to fill this out carefully.
avoid hitting the faucet with water
- Avoid setting a hot carafe down on a cold or wet table. It's best to wait until it's cooled down before washing or adding liquids.
- Put an empty Carafe on a hot stovetop only with caution.
- Avoid using steel wool pads, abrasive cleaner, or anything else that could scratch your surface when cleaning.
- Never put your hands inside the Carafe. You should be especially careful if you are wearing a diamond ring on your hand. When worn, jewelry increases the glass's susceptibility to scratches and breakage.
- Avoid sharp objects, rubbing surfaces, and prolonged heat.
- If the carafe has been broken, scratched, or heated for a long time while empty, it should be thrown away.
- Do not pour in the direction of pedestrians to prevent injuries.
- Wooden, plastic, or rubber utensils are recommended for use in the Carafe. You shouldn't eat with forks, spoons, or knives made of metal.
- In the event of a breakage while the Carafe contains hot liquids, disregarding the aforementioned safety precautions could result in severe burn injuries.
Maintenance and Spot Cleaning
At least once a month, or more frequently in areas with hard water, clean your coffee maker.
Combined Carafe and Strainer
Carafe can be cleaned by hand or put in the top rack of the dishwasher with hot, soapy water.
- Lid can be removed from carafe by gently but firmly twisting it to one side at the hinge. The hinge pin will disengage. In order to reinstall the lid, align the hinge on the lid with the corresponding pin, and then snap the lid into place.
- Open the lid and pull the Filter Basket up and out. One can either hand wash or put the filter basket in the top rack of the dishwasher for cleaning.
Beyond the Coffee Machine
Turn off the power and use a damp cloth to clean the outside of the coffee maker. Abrasive cleaners will scratch the product's finish and should be avoided.
The Coffeemaker's Internals
- Carafe should be placed on warm plate when not in use. Close Lid
- A pint of white vinegar. Water Reservoir.
- Insert plug into wall
- Simply flip the Power switch to activate. Turn OFF (O) after 30 seconds. Vinegar has a 30 minute waiting period before cleaning begins. So, activate (I) once more. Leave to cool once done.
- The Carafe must be emptied and rinsed. Fill the Water Tank with one carafe of cold water from the sink. Carafe must be kept warm on a plate. Close Lid
- The power can be turned on by pressing the I button. Turn the Power Switch to OFF (O) and the Carafe to the side once the brewing cycle is complete.
Set aside while it cools; afterward, fill another Carafe with cold water from the tap.
- Beverage preparation requires a wash of the carafe and filter basket.
Caution: Fire Risk Within the first 20 seconds, the carafe must be returned to its base. When this function is activated, hot water keeps flowing into the filter basket. Accidental burns can be caused by dripping coffee or hot water.
- For proper brewing, make sure the lid is completely closed.
- If you want the best results, you should always use a high-quality paper filter.
- It's important to be careful when transferring coffee grounds from the filter to the filter basket.
- Verify that the Filter Basket is properly installed.
Lid must be securely fastened to carafe.
- Before starting the brew cycle, ensure that the Carafe is properly positioned and level on the Keep-Warm Plate.
- If you're using the Pause 'N Serve function, you must swap out the carafe within 20 seconds. When this function is activated, hot water keeps flowing into the filter basket. Burns can occur from coffee and hot water spills.
Products used in the United States are covered by this warranty. S and Canada The foregoing is the only warranty that is expressly given for this product, and it supersedes any and all other warranties and conditions.
Within three (3) years of the original purchase date, the manufacturer guarantees that this product will be free from defects in material and workmanship. Within the warranty period, at our option, we will either repair the product or replace the defective part, but you will be responsible for paying shipping both ways. If an item or part becomes unavailable, we will provide a suitable substitute. Glass, filters, normal wear and tear, operating the product contrary to the instructions provided, and accidental, improper, or excessive use are not covered by this warranty. Warranty valid only for consumer purchaser or recipient of gift. If you ever need to make a warranty claim, you'll need the original purchase receipt. A product's warranty is null and void if it is used for any purpose other than in a single-family residence or if it is exposed to a voltage or waveform other than what is indicated on the product's rating label (e.g g , 120V ~ 60 Hz) Claims for incidental, consequential, or special damages arising from any breach of express or implied warranty are specifically disclaimed. The total amount of anyone's responsibility is capped at the price of the item. Except to the extent prohibited by law, the duration of any implied warranty or condition, including any statutory warranty or condition of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, is limited to the duration of this written warranty. Your rights are guaranteed by this warranty. Depending on where you live, you may also have other legal protections. The foregoing limitations may not apply to you because some states or provinces do not allow limitations on implied warranties or on special, incidental, or consequential damages.
Do not bring this appliance back to the shop in order to file a warranty claim. Please contact Hamilton Beach Brands, Inc. Department of Customer Service, 4421 Waterfront Drive , Glen Allen, Virginia 23060, or go to hamiltonbeach.com/customerservice in the United States. S the Canadian equivalent is hamiltonbeach.ca/customer-service. Find the model, type, and series numbers on your appliance for faster service.
Coffee is a universal favorite, whether you're a fan of lattes or prefer your coffee black with no additives. And what better way to satisfy your coffee cravings than to brew a cup at home? But with so many options, how do you know which one to choose? Fortunately, we've done the research and gathered
Authored by Sharon Franke for the Food Network Kitchen. It's no secret that busy families rarely have time to gather around a warm coffee pot, pouring cups of coffee and sipping refills. Chances are everyone in your household works on a different schedule and may grab a cup while making their kid's
As a full-time coffee enthusiast, I can't help but get overly excited about unconventional brew methods. However, nothing ignites my passion more than the siphon coffee brewer, otherwise known as the vacuum coffee maker. This unique device is a fusion of science experiment, spectacle, and coffee maker,
When it comes to a satisfying sip of coffee, using freshly ground beans beats pre-ground ones that have lost their flavor. Unfortunately, not everyone has the time or the right equipment to grind their own beans. That's where coffee makers with built-in grinders come in. These machines can store and