Café-Style Iced Coffee
Cold coffee, iced to perfection, is a refreshing treat on a hot day. For perfectly sweet, creamy, and frothy blended ice coffees at home that mimic those you get at your favorite cafe, look no further than this traditional cold coffee recipe with accompanying photos and video. This Iced
Cold coffee, iced to perfection, is a refreshing treat on a hot day. For perfectly sweet, creamy, and frothy blended ice coffees at home that mimic those you get at your favorite cafe, look no further than this traditional cold coffee recipe with accompanying photos and video.
This Iced Coffee Is About to Be Discussed
Icy cold coffee is simply the best beverage to enjoy on a hot summer day While I usually prefer tea to coffee, I do enjoy a good cup of coffee every once in a while, and my go-to is a blended coffee drink served in the style of a cafe.
This shake-like cold coffee drink is made by blending sugar, milk, and ice. You can find variations of this drink at most coffee shops. It produces a drink that is both refreshing and rich, with a delightful froth on top.
The flavor is similar to that of a milder Frappuccino or Frappe, but with the addition of flavored syrups, you can make almost any kind of blended iced coffee you can imagine.
Instant coffee powder is what I've used to make this a simple and fast recipe. For instant coffee, you could use either the powdered or granular variety.
Cold coffee brewed from regular Filter Coffee or espresso is also quite tasty. Make your regular pot of drip coffee or espresso and let it cool (at room temperature or in the fridge) before using it in a frosty blended coffee shake.
Instructions for Chilling Coffee
Prepare a Coffee-Mixing Ingredients
First, put one tablespoon of instant coffee in a bowl. Step 3 below shows how to add a quarter cup of brewed filter coffee or espresso to the blender jar.
A quarter cup of lukewarm water (not hot) should be added to the instant coffee. Combine and blend thoroughly.
Coffee drinker, please blend.
Blender jar #3: Coffee solution
Fourth, stir in three to four tablespoons of sugar.
Repeat steps 4 and 5 until the coffee solution is frothy and a lighter brown color, about 1 minute.
Prepare coffee as if it were iced.
Put in a handful of ice cubes, preferably between six and seven Use only 2–4 ice cubes for a thicker blended cold coffee.
Then, add two cups of chilled milk. I used whole milk in this recipe. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions about Making Cold Coffee Without the Fat
8. Give it another quick whirl for a few seconds, or until the ingredients are thoroughly combined and a foamy cap forms on top.
Put the coffee in tall glasses, and serve it cold right away. Blended iced coffee is best consumed immediately after preparation due to the frothy top layer sinking to the bottom as the drink sits.
Tips From the Experts
- Coffee: Brew some of your preferred instant coffee. The instant coffee can come in granular form or as finely ground powder.
- Sugar Substitute: Substitute Your Choice of Sweetener Raw sugar is what I use every time, but feel free to play around with other sweeteners and sugars like palm sugar, coconut sugar, maple syrup, or honey.
- If you like your cold coffee strong and slightly bitter, use 1 packet of instant coffee per 6 ounces of water. Five or two tablespoons
- Blend in about a quarter cup of light or whipping cream for a rich, creamy texture in your iced coffee. Incorporating cream could necessitate the addition of sugar. After blending the coffee, taste it and add more sugar if necessary.
You can make a cold coffee that is thick and creamy like a milkshake by exchanging the ice cubes for a scoop of vanilla ice cream. For those interested, here is a comprehensive Coffee Milkshake recipe.
For the lowest possible fat content, use skim milk. Reduce the 1/4 cup water to about 2 to 3 tablespoons if using skim or low-fat milk.
You certainly can. To make a blended iced coffee shake that is suitable for vegans, use your preferred plant milk, such as almond milk, oat milk, or soy milk. However, you should know that non-dairy milk won't give your cold brew the same creamy texture that milk from a cow would.
For extra flavor, feel free to add a shot of your preferred flavored syrup, no more than 1 ounce (2 tablespoons). Create a coffee shake with any flavoring you like, whether it be vanilla, hazelnut, or amaretto. In order to make cold coffee into chocolate mocha, blend in 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder or chocolate syrup.
Yes This recipe, as written, makes enough for two 8- to 10-ounce drinks. You can easily increase the recipe's yield by doubling the specified ingredients.
There Are Even More Beverages to Sample
If you've tried this recipe, please let us know what you thought by rating it in the recipe card or commenting on this post. Sign up for my emails or follow me on Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter for more vegetarian meal ideas.
Written by Dassana Amit
- Put the instant coffee, sugar, and hot water into a blender.
- Coffee solution should be blended for one minute, or until it becomes frothy and the brown color lightens a little.
- Beverage not served cold; please add 6–7 ice cubes Reduce the number of ice cubes in your coffee from two to four for a thick cold beverage.
- The consistency and nutritional value of whole milk are marginally improved over those of skim. The cold brew can be made with either nonfat or low-fat milk if you prefer. Incorporate them, but cut the 1/4 cup water down to 2 or 3 tablespoons.
- Blend for 1-2 minutes, or until the milk is thoroughly combined with the coffee mixture and a thick foam forms on top.
- Serve the coffee iced in glasses. Blended iced coffee is best served immediately after preparation because the foamy top layer will sink to the bottom as it sits.
- Coffee: Make it with your preferred Instant Coffee brand It's up to you whether the instant coffee comes in granules or finely ground form.
- Sugar Substitute: Substitute with Your Favorite Sweetener Raw sugar is what I always use, but you could also try other kinds of sugar or sweeteners like palm sugar, coconut sugar, maple syrup, or honey.
- Add more instant coffee if you like your cold brew strong and bitter. 2 or 5 Tablespoons
- Depending on how strong you like your drinks, you can easily adjust the proportions of this recipe to make more or fewer. To make larger drinks or more servings, simply double the ingredients.
- In place of ice, you can add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to your cold coffee to create a milkshake. If you're looking for a good coffee milkshake recipe, try this one out.
- Add about a quarter cup of light or whipping cream while blending for a rich and creamy cold coffee. If you're using cream, you might want to consider sweetening it. So, after blending the coffee, you should test the flavor and add more sugar if necessary.
- To reduce the amount of fat, substitute skim milk for whole. If you'd like to use skim milk or low-fat milk, you can easily adapt this recipe by reducing the water amount from 1/4 cup to about 2-3 tablespoons.
- Veganize it by subbing in your favorite plant milk, like almond milk, oat milk, or soy milk for the dairy milk.
- Make blended cold coffee with flavorings by adding a shot of your preferred flavored syrup (about 1 ounce, or 2 tablespoons) before blending. Whatever flavor of coffee milkshake you'd like, whether it's vanilla, hazelnut, or amaretto, you can make it.
- Blend in 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder or chocolate syrup before blending again for a chocolate mocha cold coffee.
Originally posted in May 2015, this Cold Coffee recipe was updated and republished in November 2022.
Nespresso, a Swiss company still revered for its high-quality espresso makers, pioneered the use of coffee pods. Keurig, the second wave, introduced a single-serve alternative to traditional drip coffee to homes all over the world. Pod coffee makers can be purchased today in a wide range of
Review and Buying Advice for the 2023 Top Models of Coffee Machines That Include a Grinder (Grind and Brew): Breville Barista Express, Breville Grind Control, Cuisinart Grind and Brew, De'Longhi Magnifica, and More.
Buying one of the best single-serve coffee makers can be more practical than purchasing a traditional drip coffee maker if you live alone or are the only coffee drinker in your household. Unless you plan on drinking a lot of coffee each day, standard coffee makers require you to brew at least four
Wake up Brew Drink Repeat Brewing a pot of fragrant coffee every morning is a calming ritual, but switching things up every once in a while can be refreshing. You could try a different brewing method for your coffee because you're feeling adventurous. We have faith that you can pull off